- Friday night dinner with a group of parent friends, who reassured me that I'm normal. Thank you!
- Seeing Buki again. It tears me up that she's not with us, but she's very happy and well taken care of where she is.
- Seeing the old house, the old park and the old neighbors again, all these images and experiences from our boys' first ten days in the U.S. now put into a proper mental space, aligned, connected. Closing that circle was good for all of us.
- The remarkable changes from then to now.
- Playing with our old across-the-street neighbors' kids. They would have been best buds if we'd stayed.
- Playing with a friend from Gondar, Ethiopia.
- Fish and frog and snake and turtle and deer with grandparents. Sigh... wish we could live in the country.
- Riding the bus and the elevators with Keith ("Keith silly! Keith scared!").
- Playing with friends from our old street in Virginia. They would have been best buds too, if we'd stayed.
- A last-minute visit to our friends from Burji in Washington DC.
Wednesday, August 29, 2012
The boys and I just got back from a six-day road trip to Virginia and North Carolina. Highlights from the trip (I only have time for bullet points these days):
Posted by K at 9:54 PM