Some of the things he's worked on are skills:
- Swimming: He can take several nice long strokes before stopping to breathe, and he can sit on the bottom of the pool.
- Legos: He can follow visual directions for building with some help, and he can make creations of his own.
- Bike riding: He is up to 4.5 miles.
- Reading and spelling: He can sound out most three-letter words and can read about 30 sight words.
- Understanding that every family in this country does things a little differently, and he follows the rules of this family.
- Meeting new kids at the park and playing with them in age-appropriate and culturally-appropriate ways.
- Being a good big brother without trying to be the boss.
- Managing his emotions. This has been a big one, and it is pretty astounding how far he has come. He's developed a lot of self-awareness about his own anxiety and triggers, like hunger or not knowing where he is.