- For our children's first family. They so clearly cared for our boys and taught them what it means to be in a family. We never had to teach that. They knew how to be part of a family from Day 1.
- For our boys, who are resilient, strong, brave, smart, loving and kind.
- For the area we live in. There is so much diversity here that I don't feel that we stick out at all. A's school bus route picks up a little United Nations. We've met plenty of other mixed race families. We did our research to find this area, but we also got lucky in how everything came together.
- A short but wonderful visit with a friend from Burji.
- A great trip to upstate New York where the boys had lots of fun with their cousins.
- Eating pretty healthy. Finally getting around to ordering from the farm store.
- Getting into a homework routine with A.
- A couple of playdates a week for D.
- Going to the Ethiopian church every 2-3 weeks while avoiding any mention of religion.
Suck it, Penny.