So we're sitting around, and we both get this quietness, which I'm learning means that we're both thinking about the adoption paperwork. Tabb asks, is there anything we can be doing right now for the dossier? I know, I say, let's run through the checklist for the 17th time.
- Power of Attorney document on its way to be certified (should receive by end of next week)
- Employment letters done
- Health forms done
- Birth certificates and marriage certificate done
- My new passport received and copied
- Letters of reference on their way (but I am secretly stalking you, Jamie and Amanda)
- Phone interview with our case worker done
- USCIS approval on its way in ????? weeks
There must be something we could be doing right now. What if I scour the USCIS website one more time for clues to wait times? That could be productive.